CAMPBELLTOWN SAYS NO TO DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE
CAMPBELLTOWN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COMMITTEE MISSION
Domestic and Family Violence violates Human Rights and impacts on individual’s health, freedom, and safety. No Violence is Okay or ever acceptable for any reason.
Campbelltown Domestic Violence Committee (CDVC) is committed to working towards eliminating violence against women and children and believes in every person’s right to live without fear.
Campbelltown Domestic Violence Committee strives to raise awareness of the impact of domestic and family abuse and provide resources to the community to support victims, inform and educate on the impact of violence on the community.
Domestic and family violence is everywhere in our community; and Campbelltown LGA has one of the highest rates of domestic violence incidents in Sydney. Violence against women and children is a serious concern in Australia where one women a week is killed by a partner or ex partner
In Australia over 300, 000 women experience violence in a year; of those women, more than half have children in their care. For children living with abuse their health and development can be impacted long term.
- 1 in 3 women experience physical or sexual violence, or both, perpetrated by someone they know
- Domestic and family violence is a factor in about 40% of all murders
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience far higher rates and more severe forms of family violence compared to other women
- Domestic and family violence against women is the biggest reason women and children are homeless
- One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.
- Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.
- Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.
(Courtesy NSW Police & DCJ)
You are not responsible for any form of abuse and are not alone with the pain and suffering you are experiencing and support is available 24/7.
IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IN A HURRY PRESS THE YELLOW EXIT BUTTON
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER PLEASE CONTACT 000
If you are looking for information or needing help check our Getting Help page.
If you would like a DV specialist to contact you please send us a message via our Contact Page
“The Committee acknowledges the traditional owners of the land on which we meet, the Dharawal people and pay our sincere and humble respect to elders past, present and future.
We also like to acknowledge the ongoing connection between land, sky, water and community and the beauty, strength and resilience of that connection”.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram